Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thoughts on Easter

So...it's Easter once again.  Merry Easter to you all...if anyone actually reads this yet.  Interesting fact about me...I'm not a chocolate person.  I see people go crazy over a chocolate bunny or a chocolate squirrel (thank you Anchorman), and all I can think is "Meh."  All that to say I wish I had somewhere to go for Easter dinner, for both me and my roomie.  Our Easter lunch was spent at Panera Bread, which, isn't bad...but a little sad perhaps. 

I am glad it's Easter,  the past few weeks I've been reflecting on the personal aspect of Jesus' death, as in Jesus dying for ME.  Crazy.  I'm stupid not to appreciate it more than I do.

In chapel last week, we did a liturgy reading, which to me, sounded a little like a cult, besides that though, one of the things that the audience read together were the words "Crucify Him!" It was startling how loud it seemed.  Kinda hit home a bit.  Also kinda made me pretty peeved at the Easter Bunny for cheapening the Resurrection into a holiday where it just means kids get more candy.  CURSE YOU CONSUMERISM BUNNY!!! First Christmas and now Easter, what's next? Actually is there any other "Christian" holiday to ruin?















That cartoon sums it up rather well I think.  I found it posted a year ago here...


It's old, but read his post, some interesting points are made about the origin of "Easter."  Well that said, I think I'm gonna go eat some candy and watch Here Comes Peter Cottontail...ok not really.  


No comments:

Post a Comment